- Latest News
- My Account
- PLAY NOW!
- DamageBoost should work on NPCs now
- A bug in the hit detection was fixed - this bug lead to a wrong decision, it was too optimistic and in most cases you got the a positive decision result when the aim-recticle was fully opened
- Rocketlaunchers, Fusion cannons and Raygun cannons should be more accurate now
- Outpost hackterms are solid now - mostly. You may find some un-solid terms because these sectors are still *work in progress*
- removed several flying trees in the wastelands
- fixed several typos in scripts
- Tweaked accuracy of AoE weaponry.
- Slight damage increase for all heavy combat based AoE weaponry.
- Self-inflicted AoE damage has been reduced from 175% to 125%
- Anti Vehicle and Anti Air Rocket Launchers recieved a major buff in anti vehicle damage.
- Slight decrease of Psi Attack damage.
- Stealth bug fixed by rewriting the entire client-server-sync code for effects
- "Truesight Sanctum" has an increased tickrate and range
- "Provoke enemy" is now working as intended
- "Distract mind" is now working as intended
- A bug was fixed that leads to a crash when using multi lightning bolts or multi energy bolts
- Network update tickrates increased
- The Missiontext for the "NCPD has an eye on you" Mission was updated (Mission 3).
Client / Server
- General stability updates for the client and server
- Fixed a bug causing wrong default values for some gameplay settings - this should resolve the "standing still" bug.
Key Bindings Changed!
Please reassign your keys. In the key options click DEFAULT and from there start assigning your wished key bindings again. If you do not reassign your keys, formerly ALT+[KEY] combination will work on [KEY] only!
- Club Veronique is now a Faction Warzones.
- The Red Pepper Security guards will shoot runners that are hostile to the faction holding Club Veronique.
- To hack a Faction Warzones requires 3 hackers.
- DoY Sector 10 remains a Faction Warzone.
RPOS/UI fixes and improvements
- Added /local, /buddy, /team, /direct and /custom commands to activate the corresponding chat channels when provided with no further text.
- Added more options for the level designers regarding Wavespawns.
- Added RPOS sorting to the items an NPC is selling. Click on the column titles Description, Sell or Buy to sort by them ascending or descending.
- Added support for MBUTTON 5 to 8 (If supported by the mouse and drivers)
- Item-swapping enabled, except for items in your inventory.
- Item highlighting of recently changed items.
- Double-click an item in armour or implant window moves that item to the inventory.
- Holding SHIFT/CTRL on moving stacked items moves all or one item instead of asking the player in an dialog.
- Added ALT+[KEY] bindings. Players can now decide which action shall be used with a ALT+[KEY] combination.
- Added Loot-Rights. With ALT+0 to ALT+5 you can select who might be able to loot your NPCs. This applies just loot NPCs.
- Increased NPC Dialog blending speed
- Fixed NPC Dialog to not show the old answer options when blending the new dialog text
- Fixed E-Mail count on effects list is now correct.
- Fixed a bug causing rpos.ini to be deleted.
- Fixed the buff timer animations.
- Fixed correct display of armour values in the Armour Interface (F4) Values now match with the values from the item information.
- Fixed furniture placing now correctly increases the free load on the player.
Droning fixes and improvements
- Added new controls to drones. Droners can now control the distance to ground with Duck and Jump keybindings.
- Fixed a problem with the view not correctly updating when dropping drone control.
- Fixed Viper King and Scorpion Queen item drops.
- Fixed respawn for players after deaths in starter MC5 Hacknet sector.
- You can no longer sit in the hack terminal in DoY sector 10.
- Typo fixes in various NPC dialogs.
- - Mr. Jones Preacher Mission
- - MC5 Starter Mission (Tasha)
- - Tangent Epic Mission
- - WoC PSI Savant
- The 2nd level sewer in Plaza 1 (Nearest to Medicare) is re-opened.
- DoY sector 3 is re-opened.
Main menu fixes and improvements
- Did you know? On the main menu you can now read info you may not know yet but might get handy.
- The appearance can be customised with the [HINTOFTHEDAY] section of the RPOS.INI and FONT.INIi files. (See below)
- Added the use of Browser keys Previous/Next in the main menu to go back/next.
- Fixed Main-Menu key option menu: Using the up and down buttons does not require to select the centered action anymore before setting the key binding
- Fixed Main-Menu character selection: The male heads should be now in the same position independent of character class. (Female to follow)
- Fixed Main-Menu all: ESC key changed! It will return to the last menupoint instead of leaving the game. On the login menu the ESC will still prompt you to exit.
- Fixed Main-Menu list boxes: Active list-boxes did scroll on key repeat events, even when Neocron was not in focus.
- ALT+TAB / ALT+F4 fixes while Splash-Screens are active.
Server and client stability fixes
- Fixed "Configure Hardware" button in the Launcher.
- Fixed a problem with syncing which leads to infinite syncing with 0SL and no items.
- Fixed the despawn time of dead Wavespawn NPC's. You have now time to loot them.
- Fixed a possible crash on closing Neocron just before it was completely initialised.
- Fixed some server and client side stability issues on handling resources.
- Fixed possible crash in maps with low bitdepth high resolution textures.
- Fixed NPC synchronisation. You should no longer receive damage without seeing the shot animation/projectiles.
- Fixed CPU high load on some systems or situations (i.e. inactive client at Fullscreen)
- Crashes/players getting stuck in DoY Sector 3 were fixed.
- The number of security layers for Outposts and Faction Warzones can now be configured by the NST.
- Fixed slow syncing into worlds.
- "Loot-Rights: Team" is now working as intended.
New RPOS.INI and FONT.INI settings
Below are the new RPOS.INI Settings and their possible values in ranges [min..max] or listed as / separated options
[HINTOFTHEDAY] R=[0..255] G=[0..255] B=[0..255] A=[0..255] FixedBox=0/1 Top=[0.0..1.0] Bottom=[0.0..1.0] Left=[0.0..1.0] Right=[0.0..1.0]
The default font values for hint of the day in FONT.INI
[HINTOFTHEDAY] FILE=.\fonts\arialblk.ttf NAME=HINTOFTHEDAY SIZE=14
The patch notes can be discussed in the Official Neocron Forums.
- Resists given by armor have been reduced;
- Absorber, Deflector and Protector efficiencies have been lowered;
- Overall player damage and NPC healthpools have been reduced;
- Fixed mistakes with some fire and poison APU modules (Instant damage / DOT split was wrong);
- Ray of Last Hope damage decreased
- Wrong numbers will be displayed in your Armor interface (F4) once you equip armor.
- Softupdate 205.1 + 205.2
- A series of bugfixes to prevent server crashes when NPC are calling for help
- Client stability improved - This is still work in progress, please report if you do have still crashes
- The Configure hardware button from the launcher isn't working. The workaround is to hold down Shift when you click on "Play Neocron 2" button. Keep shift pressed until the hardware configuration screen comes up.
- Fixed several server side crashes;
- Fixed several client side crashes.
- Soft Update 203.3;
- MC5 Base Commander now correctly calls for help when being attacked.
- Added new rare Automatic Pistol;
- Added new rare Mini Rocket Launcher;
- Adjusted balance of the Automatic Pistol Weapon Family;
- Adjusted balance of the Mini Rocket Launcher Weapon Family;
- This patch contains lots of treats in preparation for S.A.N.T.A-bot coming to town. Stay tuned!
- Client.exe was renamed to NeocronClient.exe as preparation for some game recognition mechanics. Please make sure your firewall rules are fitting this
- Client/Server stability increased. Sometimes the worldserver has crashed which resulted in a sync or throwback to the login - this should be fixed now
- The Civil Administrator Mission (Starting Area - MC5) is now working as intended
- Softupdate 202.1
- Return of the floats - Floats are visible on the info page again until we have fixed this with an overhaul of implants and armors
- Ammo + mods of the SECOND LOVE can be found by the right trader now
- NPC resists are working now - a bug has deny any calculation of the damage reduction
- Drones should now work as intented and they are not using the MC-Subskill for damage calculation anymore
- Server selection should now be able to show a playercount beyond 100+ instead of "FULL"
- Switching your current outfit should not lead into a corrupt character model anymore
- Second Love should now be moddable with the ULTIMA mod
- Mobspawn in AMC5 has been adjusted. More mission related mobs now spawn in the area around the mission NPCs. Increased general mobspawn for this sector.
- The F8 missionwindows now displays the correct amount of missiontargets for the Wesley-mission (AMC5 tutorial)
- Fixed vegetation with wrong textures or invisible LoD's
- Softupdate 201.1 - 201.3
- Buffs do have a new colored glove
- You are now able to customize the damage numbers yourself. There are a bunch of available options you can use by simply combine the values bitwise (OR). You can use the command "/set ctrl_renderdamagemode x" ingame or add/set the "DamageAnimationFlags=" key to your preferred RPOSCOLOR.INI section. The value 0 restores the original behavior
- HOLY RESTORATION is now using 30 psi power instead of 15.
Damage render flags
#define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_Y_UP 1 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_Y_DOWN 2 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_Y_RND 4 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_X_UP 8 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_X_DOWN 16 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_X_RND 32 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_Z_UP 64 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_Z_DOWN 128 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_Z_RND 256 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_SUM 512 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_REMOVELAST 1024 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_SLIDE_Y_UP 2048 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_SLIDE_Y_DOWN 4096 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_SLIDE_X_UP 8192 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_SLIDE_X_DOWN 16384 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_SLIDE_Z_UP 32768 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_SLIDE_Z_DOWN 65536 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_FADE_TEXT 131072 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_TEXT_SHADOW 262144 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_TEXT_SCALEANIMATION 524288 #define RPOSAUXWINDOW_DAMAGERENDERFLAG_TEXT_ALLOWZERODMG 1048576